People that Facebook is currently suggesting to me as friends (I am not kidding, this is the exact list, in its entirety):
- Aaron Lazar
- Alex Timbers
- Alice Ripley
- Brian D'Arcy James
- Brian Lowdermilk
- Celia Keenan-Bolger
- Danny Burstein
- Donna McKechnie
- Eric Schaeffer
- Felicia Finley
- Frank Hartenstein
- Gordon Greenberg
- Heidi Blickenstaff
- Jeanine Tesori
- Jeff Marx
- Jeremy Schonfeld
- Jessica Grové
*- John McDaniel (aka John McD from The Rosie O'Donnell Show)
*- Kelsey Fowler
- Kurt Deutsch
*- Leslie Becker
- Liz Callaway
- Marin Mazzie
*- Melissa van der Schyff
- Michael Cerveris
- Michael Longoria
- Tituss Burgess
- Tommy Tune
- Tyler Maynard
- Will Swenson
(I put asterisks next to the ones I've actually met... which is because they're all working on the pre-Broadway try-out of Bonnie & Clyde at my theatre right now. You know, the show I got a callback for last spring...)
I know most people who read my blog will have no idea who most of those people are. But suffice it to say, those people all have really great careers in musical theatre. All of them. There are Tony Award nominees (and winners!) up there. There are composers, choreographers, actors, and even a Broadway Production Stage Manager.
And I have enough friends in common with all of those people that Facebook suggested that I might know them.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I think I've entered the minor leagues.
May you start seeing signs of progress, no matter how minor and superficial they may be.
~A~
ETA: Newly suggested:
- Michael Arnold
- Max Crumm
- Ken Davenport
- Susan Egan
- Christopher Gattelli
- Gary Griffin
- Megan Hilty
- Tobin Ost
- Nikki Snelson
- J. Robert Spencer
- John Lloyd Young
ETA: Oh man, there are more!
- Erika Amato
- Michael Arden
*- Wayne Duvall
- Barrett Foa
- Jerry Mitchell
- Benj Pasek
- Ty Taylor


















6 comments:
If you become friends with Marin Mazzie, please steal her voice and send it to me, like The Little Mermaid. I would use it for good, not evil. And now I must listen to Ragtime on repeat.
Oh, and I think you're a star too.
You ARE a star,
Utterly gutted I am going to miss you in London this time as I am going to be there a week or two after you apparently. :( Sigh. x
There are some pretty awesome names on that list, and I don't even consider myself to be a Broadway star expert.
I like that minor leagues metaphor.
Fun fact, the guy that helped me find my current apartment was a pretty cool dude. Out of curiousity I looked him up on Facebook, and there was 1 mutual friend- you!
Awesome! It's because you ARE a star!
Keep rocking, lady!
Post a Comment