One year ago today, I returned to Los Angeles. I took the train from NYC, via New Orleans after a hiatus on the east coast. I think I came back better than I was when I left.
This year I was hired for my dream job (tour guide at Universal Studios Hollywood), I was cast in my dream role (Vanda in “Venus In Fur”), and I started dating a dreamy guy (Mr. Nick Sweet).
I’ve had a total of ten jobs in the last year, I think. (I currently have seven... Being an actor is weird.) Three of those jobs, I was paid to act. Five, I was paid to perform. One, I’m being paid to write. And the tenth, I was assisting a casting director. Suddenly my jobs are reflecting my goals in life, in a way they haven’t in the past.
I’ve gotten better at saying yes to things through my fear. I’ve gotten better at saying no to things through my guilt.
I’ve gotten better at chasing what I truly want. I’ve gotten better at letting go of things that are not meant for me.
I’m still on a journey of self-improvement. I’m trying to stay positive. I’m trying to stay disciplined. I’m trying to find ways to help others. I’m trying to take chances. I’m trying to ignore what is easy, and to do what is right.
I made vision boards and have a constant reminder of my plans (The Secret). I KonMari-ed my room in the most serious attempt yet, and it has stayed much more organized than normal (The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up). I’m waking up an hour earlier in the morning for prayer, affirmations, visualization, exercise, reading, and journaling (The Miracle Morning). I’m paying more attention to how money flows into and out of my life (Rich Dad, Poor Dad). I’m taking a magic class that I hope will help me delight others for years to come (Magic University at The Magic Castle). I am sending strangers my dormant books, with hope that someone else will get joy out of them (PaperBackSwap).
During this Lenten period of reflection, I wanted to express my gratitude for the last year of my life. All that I’ve learned. All the friends that I’ve made (USH, LA On-Call Filmmakers, CV Rep, Candytopia, TGS Collective, Theatre Dybbuk, etc.) All the opportunities that I’ve had to perform and to grow.
God is good. When you pray, move your feet.
Thank you for this year.
🙂
(And happy International Women’s Day!)


















No comments:
Post a Comment