Monday, December 7, 2009

I've Got Moves You've Never Seen

I thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing me doing classwork. So here are some videos of me doing contact improv (as mentioned in previous post) and dancing.

(Note: The contact improv videos are just as good watched on mute... you know, for those of you who are reading this at work.)


Me and Killer doing contact improv with the theme "Growing Up":


Me and D-Train doing contact improv with the theme "Negative Space":


Me, Newbie, and All-The-Way doing contact improv with the theme "The New Three Graces":


O.D., Iceman, me, Thrill, and D-Train rehearsing for our tap dancing (me and my men!):


The 11 of '11 rehearsing our ballet number (Sadly, this is the only video I have of the ballet, and it's not a great run-through. And the filming isn't great, and you barely see me. Oh well. Trust me when I say I'm good at it, and use your imagination.):



The other videos of me are:
- All-The-Way, Angela, & Newbie (aka The New Three Graces) 1-minute contact improv rehearsal (theme: "Séance")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vMBXC5FDYM
- Angela & D-Train 1-minute contact improv rehearsal (theme: "Negative Space") (unfortunately, the person operating my video camera was confused and held it sideways... but it was a solid rehearsal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp4pAN209SU
- Angela & Killer 1-minute contact improv rehearsal (theme: "Bubble Bath")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz6P6GMk91Y
- Angela, D-Train, Iceman, O.D., & Thrill tap showing (this is better than the rehearsal video above, and my solo looks way better, but it's taped from behind)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irWsp_jrpwU
- The 11 of '11 doing a full class contact improv:
http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwYJjUdcZy8




May you have all the right moves.

~A~

2 comments:

cessie said...

Wooo! Yes maam, I do get a kick out of seeing your work! :) So fun to see all the things you put in words translated into movement. Love to see your progress visualized!

And YAY to you for being a fellow tap dancer! Throw it down, girl :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing! :)