Friday, September 17, 2010

Thank You, My Invisible Audience


Hello dear readers,


I just realized that I've missed my own blogoversary, by about 9 days. I have officially had this blog for three years, if you can believe that.

And I thought about how awesome you all are. I don't have the widest blog audience in the world. Why?

1. Because reading my longiloquent posts is a TIME COMMITMENT.
2. Because I post infrequently.
3. Because I'm in grad school, so I never comment on other people's blogs (although I do still read them when I get time).
4. Because I don't promote this. At all.
5. Because you cannot find this blog on search engines (or, at least, you shouldn't be able to, if I've done this right.)
6. Because first and foremost, I blog because I need to write. I'm not really writing with the intention of having a fan base.

That said, I seem to have acquired a modest fan base ANYWAY.

And that's really lovely. And very encouraging.

And some of you -- God bless you! -- actually comment on my posts. And every time I get a comment, I get seriously, incredibly excited. Not only because it makes me feel like an interesting person (which it does), but also because you have such lovely things to say. So much advice. So much encouragement. So many compliments. So much love.

I wanted to thank you.

Thank you so much. For coming with me through my life. It makes it easier somehow.

:)

And I have a favor to ask of all my readers...

In honor of my (belated) blogoversary, I would be grateful and appreciative if you would leave a comment here. I'm just curious as to who else is out there reading.

I believe this is called "de-lurking" in the blog world. And it's not something that I generally ask you to do. But maybe once a year is okay?

So please, if you are reading this on Google Reader, or BlogLines, or some other aggregator, (yes, that's you...), please come visit my blog. Just for a second. Open it in a new tab, or a new window, or just click it willy-nilly if you're in that mood where you're filled with wild, wide-eyed abandon. And leave me a comment.

I'm not fishing for compliments here. I promise.

Just leave me, like, where you're reading from (the state/territory/country... I'm not asking for your home address or anything), your name/alias/nickname/secret-spy-code-name, and the address of your blog/website if you have one.

It would make my day a little better.

(And today is going to be a long day for me, so a little bit of better could go a long way.)

Much love and many blessings,

~A~

36 comments:

Stacy (Pico) said...

I am happy to delurk, and full of ecstatic congratulations to you on your blogaversary! In honor of this splendid occasion, I hereby pledge to comment much more frequently in future, because reading your thoughts (especially the longiloquent ones -- fabulous word choice) truly does make my life more awesome.

:)

Daydream Believer said...

I'm reading from north of the 49th parallel, and to be honest, I don't remember how I first found you. Maybe I clicked that funny little "next blog" button or somesuch. However it was, you've been a bookmark ever since, because the first post I read (not that I remember which one that was) seemed like it could have been written by the voice in my head.
So happy blogiversary, and may you always know your thoughts are appreciated.

Aileen said...

Well you know I read your blog, so there ;)

Anonymous said...

I was reading when diary-x (right?) was still alive. Thank you for being open and honest, and most of the time not leaving anything out. It is refreshing.
-Colleen :)
P.S. Miss seeing you in person.

Tabitha said...

Hiya! I'm not a lurker, but I do suck at commenting a lot of the time. :-P Reading all the way from Santa Barbara, CA, and wishing you lived closer so we could hang out!

Anonymous said...

still reading! I comment once in a rare while, but more often than not, yup, the lurking... :) Happy Anniversary! I read because you are a really good writer, I love the way you close with relevant blessings, I always find them encouraging! So here's one back: May you have many more wonderful years of blogging here ahead of you!

Angela E said...

Your wonder evil twin loves reading your blog! You're the only blog that I've frequented in the past couple years who actually continues to write... besides my aunt Linda, who also lives in FL btw. I believe Carol may have introduced me to it while she was living with me for a few months in 2008 (during your Nick period I believe) and I haven't been able to stop reading. :-)

What can I say, you're interesting.

P.S. I love longiloquent blogs.

Daniel Boughton said...

Reading from northern Indiana. Corngranulations on your blogiversary!
- Daniel
Resume: http://sites.google.com/site/danielboughton/
Fb fanpage http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Boughton-Actor/223266582066 - like it!
I have a blog but have not updated in nigh on a year.

Suggs said...

You know me. I'm an always skimmer, sometimes reader.

Much love,
Barry

P.S. I recounted your 3 sentence tragic monologue last night and it was much appreciated by all. Your pain has brought great happiness to the world :)

courtney said...

I can't resist a blogiversary. So happy 3 years to you! I've never really been able to keep track of these things for myself.

I've been reading you FOREVER and I'm sure I've commented here and there, but I've become a lurker in pretty much ALL cases lately. So feel special. And hi :)

And, and 903 is my super secret spy code and I live in Tennessee. :)

Jes said...

HEY BOO HEY from the cornfields of DeKalb!

Kat said...

I admit it: I'm an expert lurker! But I love reading your blog so comment-away I go. I found this one by clicking the link in your acting blog, and I always am thrilled to see an update in either! Happy blogaversary (hmm... that's a very funny word)!

Rina said...

Delurking! Looks like I'm the only Canadian...from the rainy west coast!

P said...

Happy belated blog birthday!

Well you know I read your blog anyway (currently from my office where I'm doing overtime - shhh, don't tell!) but I'll comment anyway.

Valerie said...

Happy Blogiversary! I've been reading your blog since Nano in Chicago. Pico and I have even chatted at Nano events about you... you are missed!
~Valerie

A Quiet Man with a Loud Voice said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I don't remember when it was I started reading your blog - or even how I found it (probably via facebook) - but I always look forward to a post, even if they have become far less frequent since you started grad school.

(But I lurk on that blog too!)

Here's to another three years!

Tim said...

From Minnesota.

I've been reading for some time. I love it. You really pour your heart and soul into this thing and THAT'S why you've got a base of readers. I'm certain of it.

-Tim

Heidi Renée said...

If I were posting this comment tomorrow I'd be posting it from Disneyland! Not that I'd take my laptop to Disneyland, but it'd be a much more exciting place to comment from than NAS Lemoore.

Amandabrown222 said...

I think you already know I read your blog, but I'll comment anyway :)

Amanda said...

And I always accidentally comment with the wrong account...

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now....I'd say since before you even started grad school? I found it via a link of Fabulously Broke, and have been reading on Google Reader ever since! (Oh, and I'm in South Florida....the other coast though!) Congrats on your Blogversary!

Mega said...

mega/chicago/eternal

dkdisch said...

hey there, I'm still reading!
been quiet lately but I'm still around!

Kendrick
kendrickdisch.com/blog

Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog when you first started writing your blog, but have been reading religiously ever since the Brian period. I read from Milwaukee, and you know who I am. :-)

Anonymous said...

Auralay!

Belle Renee said...

Happy blogiversary!
Love,
Renee
(located three desks over from Jess in DeKalb)

cessie said...

Happy (belated) blogoversary!
I always deeply enjoy your writing on this blog and I'm very happy you keep sharing your life. Through thick and thin you always inspire me with your attitude and openness.
I normally read you from Gothenburg, Sweden but today it happens to be from Paris, France. :)
Blog love /Cessie

Gretchen Alice said...

Happy happy blogoversary!

Anonymous said...

De-lurking for your blogaversary.

I'm based in the Seattle area.

You wrote an insightful comment on someone else's blog sometime ago so I decided to check out your blog.

I have adored following you on your journey. Please continue to write honestly with vulnerability -- it is a joy to read.

Kateless said...

I'm still reading! And, like some of your other semi-lurkers, have been since DX-days! dont forget, if you move to LA you have friends and connections here too! :)

Congrats on the blogiversary! Here's to many more years of reading your words.

Anonymous said...

Still reading here, and still with you in the real world. You're not getting rid of me. Don't ever stop writing, because the world needs what you have to say more than you can know.

Always much love.

-Brian

frau sally benz said...

My comment comes way later because my life is a mess right now. I've neglected my own blogging and reading duties, but I still check my Google Reader when I have time to see what you're up to.

I'm 26, live & work in NYC, and send you a big old cyber hug.

Princess Pointful said...

I'm a much less regular writer/reader/commenter than even you as you describe yourself... but I do make a point of trying to visit you everyone once in a while in my reader!
(And this feels like the lamest and most precise comment of all time...)

Martinbg said...

Hi. I'm one of your invisible audience. More or less, at least, I left a few comments here some years ago, but I'm generally not very good at commenting on blogs. Anyway, I'm not from your country or even from your continent, I live in Norway.

Anonymous said...

Just like you were late to your blog anniversary, I'm late to the comment party. ;)

You know me as Nico, the musician in Los Angeles.

And I know you as Angela, the stage actress originally from Chicago, who fulfills the role of storyteller when I so gravely need to get out of my own head for an extended period.

So actually, I'd like to say: No, thank you for letting us tag along.

May the many blessings you give us be returned to you tenfold. :)

Anonymous said...

Delurking (not that I lurk in a traditional sense... I've been commenting recently) two weeks later due to a backlog to say hi! Reading from Gainesville. Thank you for sharing your words and your life with us!