Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Debatably a Date

(Me as a Jackson Pollack painting. Iceman as a stripper pole, which was my favorite costume at the party. This has nothing whatsoever to do with this post; I just liked the photo.)

CCM called me on Monday night. He's had my number for weeks. I had wondered if he'd ever use it.

He called from a laundromat. We briefly discussed the connection to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (Dr. Horrible knows the girl of his dreams from the laundromat). He said something about how he never properly thanked me for introducing him to it. He also lamented the fact that we haven't had a chance to talk without about thirty other people around (which is perhaps an exaggeration, but it's true that we only see each other in group settings). And he said we should rectify that.

He asked me out to dinner. For Thursday.

Wait, WHAT?! WTF??? Didn't he JUST choose another girl over me? On FRIDAY??? This came out of NOWHERE.

I said yes.

I'm not sure whether it was the right decision. After what happened at that Halloween party, I'd decided to forget about him.

But I didn't want to say no. So I didn't. I followed the impulse, just as I've been learning to do in my acting.

I'm meeting him at his place after class, and then I have to go crew a performance like 90 minutes later. No idea what we're doing or where we're going. He said something about "exploring" the area. *shrugs*

This is a date, right? It seems like a date. Weird.

In other news, our nation has elected a new president. And I'm pretty excited about it. May he be the person we need to help put this country on a better path.

But somehow, at this moment, I'm thinking more about whether this is a date. That seems so egocentric, pathetic, and shallow...

What the hell am I going to wear?


May you feel the good kind of nervous.

~A~


P.S. This is totally distracting me from all of my other stressors. So that's good, right?

P.P.S. Thank you all for the outpouring of support after my last post. I think you know how much I needed it. And I want you to also know how much I appreciated it. This is a brand new week, and I have a feeling that things are about to turn around. :)

8 comments:

carrie lea said...

It's a date. Weird. But great!! I think it's best to go off impulse. Better to take a few risks then be cautious ALL the time, ya know?

Great costumes! I've seen the pics on facebook and you look great! So creative!

P said...

Oooh - exciting!!! Hope it goes well, maybe just be on your guard a bit since you know/suspect he might be a bit of a player!

And please let us know how it goes!!! Okay??? :)

Heidi Renée said...

I guess it will be a speed date. Have fun!

B said...

Glad to hear it. :)

Pretty Unfamous said...

I think a date! I hope everything goes well. Did things sound positive on the phone?

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

Lauren said...

Your costume is fantastic!

And good luck with guy.

Anonymous said...

Hey, how exciting! You should probably wear... your costume dress. It's amazing. :) Updates by Saturday, please!

Blaze said...

Wow, so the first time I check out your blog there's a picture of a guy I know from at home in Alaska. Danny makes one fine stripper pole! :)