Monday, July 21, 2008

Catch-Up Time


1. Frankie Avalon is an adorable man. He wears tall shoes (heels, occasionally), but he's still around my height (I'm just under 5'6"). He's always smiling, and a great performer. And I love his song "Why".

2. It's been a long time since I've been as exhausted as I was last weekend. 5 shows in 4 days = rough (especially when you're not used to it... and you have a day job).

3. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog rocks my socks. Neil Patrick Harris is delectable. ("The world is a mess and I just... need to rule it.") I think the writing was best in Act I, and the music was best in Act II. I didn't like Act III at first (unsatisfying ending much?), but I'm growing into it. Highly recommend. It cost me $4 on iTunes, and was well worth it for 42 minutes of quality entertainment.

4. Lady MacBook is back, and working just fine. The original estimate was 5-7 days, but they called me in 3 to say she was done! Of course, I couldn't pick her up until day 4 and have barely had a chance to use her since. But I'm so very, very happy to have her back.

5. Work today made me feel absolutely horrible. I would vent about it, but I think it's probably wisest to NOT talk about work whatnot on the internet. It doesn't matter, anyway. I'm leaving a week from Friday.

6. I turned in my notice at TnT. I was one of four people to do it on the same day. No one batted an eyelash. Three more weekends of being Black Staff, and then I'm out.

7. Went to the eye doctor today for the first time in 2 years. Apparently, I suddenly have astigmatism (the doctor seemed surprised that I didn't have it before, because I now am at "four clicks". No idea what that means.) But I think maybe he was wrong, because I feel super weird in these contacts. Having trouble focusing... Feels like I'm wearing someone else's glasses. But anyway. Ordered new glasses (wish I could've kept the old ones, but they said they were too old and putting lens in would probably break them) and prescription sunglasses (which I've never had before). Very exciting.


I'd write more, but I'm exhausted.


Much love and many blessings!

~A~

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see Lady Macbook is back in action!

Good call on #5, I've checked myself on that front before and I came out a better person for it.

Renee said...

I was told I have astigmatism at my January eye appointment. My doc said it was diagnosed at my last visit (2002?) but no one told ME. Bizarre.

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I had an eye test to make sure all was good inside my eyes yesterday too.... Hope you got a decent frame for your glasses! :D

Aileen said...

You're back and I'm back! Yay!

Anonymous said...

You look like you're saying "what the eff?" in the picture :)

Melissa said...

Aghh, I started Dr. Horrible but was called away when my dishwasher starting overflowing with Monster Bubbles. Now it's not available anymore except for a Bullshit Fee of $1.99/act on iTunes. Woe.

Mega said...

Time is running out. I need to see your show before you desert us- I mean leave.

Anonymous said...

lol@jenn's comment, because it's so true i had to comment again

Rachel said...

I had an eye doctor tell me that my one eye was dying and the other one was okay but needed a contact. Years later, new eye doc tells me that my one eye is fine and doesn't need anything and that my dying eye isn't dying.

I'm confused....

Bayjb said...

Glad to hear you survived Frankie week, were you in the performance your family came to?

I'm also so happy to hear you and Lady macbook are together again and she's all better. I would have held her tight.

I might have to buy Dr. Horrible, I missed parts 2-3.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got Lady MacBook back (and btw that is the best Mac name I've ever heard...)

And you KNOW I loved "Dr. Horrible." NPH needs to switch teams so I can get all over that :) The ending was a little crazy at first, but I'm growing to respect it.

Cheryl said...

Four clicks? I don't get it.

I try not to talk about work on my blog either, unless it's in passing.

Get some rest...

Anonymous said...

i just downloaded Dr. Horrible's sing-along blog too and it was definitely worth it. I am so in love with Neil Patrick Harris - I don't care if he's gay.

Angela said...

To Nico - Yeah... I talk too much about TnT, I think. I forget that it's a job, too, and just as dangerous to discuss as my day job.

To Renee - My doc said that one of my lens already had a SLIGHT adjustment for astigmatism. I wish someone had told me! I wouldn't have waited two years for an eye appointment!

To BiscuitInABasket - They're not as cute as my current frames, but they're good, I think. I'll take a picture when I get them.

To Roisin - YAY!!!

To Jenn - Haha. I may have been.

To Meloogal - Sadness! Buy the season pass for $4 on iTunes!

To Dan Mega - Hurry up! :)

To Nico - Indeed. Very true.

To Rachel - That is so weird!!!

To Bayjb - Yes, I worked ALL the performances of Frankie week (I passed my test with 100%.) I gave Lady MacBook a big hug as soon as we were reunited. And BUY DR. HORRIBLE!

To Amanda - I know it's a great name... I'm pretty clever. ;) I love me some NPH. And I feel the same way about the ending. It's very Joss Whedon.

To Karlynn - Thanks! It's good to be back.

To Cheryl - I don't know what it means, either.

To MegKathleen - YES! SO GOOD!