Welcome to my first attempt at quick and dirty blogging. Let's see if this is even physically possible.
(Technically, the poll doesn't end until tonight, but it seems that most of you are interested in me giving this a shot, so I shall oblige. At least for a little while.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday morning, I got a call from the people at Tony n' Tina's Wedding. They said they wanted me in the show. *SCORE*. They asked if I could start that night. I said no, as I had plans. So I'm starting today. My call is at 4:00. I'll be on the wait staff for the first month or so. The stage manager said they're just going to "throw me into it" today... I'm a little nervous.
Oh, man. I don't know how I'm going to be working two jobs for the next few months. I might want to die. My "real" job is Monday-Friday... I generally leave my apartment at 7:45am and get home around 5:30pm. But now with TnT's, I'll have shows Wednesday-Sunday... Which means I now have no real weekend. And I won't have time to go home after work, so I'll be going straight to the theatre, and probably getting home around 10pm most nights (I'm guessing). Anyway. If I become noticeably absent from the online world, you'll know why.
I couldn't start the show last night because I was meeting up with a few lovely Chicago bloggers for a Girl's Night In.
Kayleigh had Jenn, Jessica, and I over to her *gorgeous* apartment for a night of general debauchery. Jamie was supposed to join us as well, but sadly had to back out (we still love you, Jamie!).
Originally, we had planned to watch Sex & the City all night (as Jenn owns the stunningly packaged full series), but we never turned on the tv. We just spent the whole night talking about our families, our problems, and our blogs. It was wonderfully cathartic. And these ladies are positively delightful. We discussed everything under the sun, including a man who kept a rat in his pants. At one point we went on a field trip to get pizza, and I ended up distributing mints to some confused-but-amused restaurant patrons. And before the end of the night, I got some quality cuddling time in with Jenn. Good stuff.Jessica, Kayleigh, and Jenn with their pomegranate martinis
Jessica, Kayleigh, and Jenn again... I was trying to figure out the timer on my camera, unsuccessfully.
I pressed the button and jumped in front of the camera. Hence why they look like my backup dancers.
Me with my new buddy Jessica.
Jessica, Jenn, and Kayleigh on the couch that "gives back".
What? I felt the need to cuddle.
Alright, I'm off. I've got to go find black shoes before my call.
May you have the opportunity to make new friends.
~A~
P.S. For more about the night...
- Jenn's Version
- Jessica's Version
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Girls' Night In
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















12 comments:
Last night was awesome. Don't forget about the drunk people on the bus ride home. Awesome pictures, thanks for posting them!
Break a leg tonight!
Man, I want to have a blogger meetup! Why don't more bloggers live in Antarctica??
Or wherever it is that I live, I forget.
You do not mess around when it comes to posting pictures! I look drunk in one of them in the kitchen. I wasn't drunk for the record!
It was so much fun. I'm really glad you came. Obviously the cuddles were good. People need more cuddles!
Kick ass tonight!
Good luck with all that! Sounds like you'll have a lot on your plate for a while. *Deep breaths*
I've had many nights like that. Where the planned TV turn on doesn't happen...Good luck with T&T!
Break a leg!
Break a leg!
I laughed at the Chuck news. Good grief!
You know what?
We should really get lunch or dinner or something sometime. We both live in the same city, and we're both huge theatre geeks, and the only time I've actually seen you was at the bus stop on the Pier.
-C
P.s. - I think you should write BOTH quick and dirty posts AND your familiar mini-novella posts. Can't get enough of your writing, seriously.
CONGRATS on TnT's Wedding. As I've said before - you're perfect for the part. Try to enjoy your time there and not focus too much on your absence of any free time. We'll forgive you over here in blogoworld!
Aw sounds like a great night, you girls are so cute!
yayy I love it!!! It was so much fun!!!
How did T&T go!?!?!
To bayjb - It WAS awesome. Yay us! I can't believe I forgot the drunk bunch! Shows you how tired I was when I got home.
To pixelation - If I ever hear of a blogger moving to Antarctica, I'll send him/her your way.
To Jenn - I look awkward in all the ones I'm in. The world does need more cuddling.
To gooseberried - Thanks! I'll keep breathing.
To Cheryl - Nights are often more fun when they don't go how you plan. Thanks!
To Heidi Renée - Thanks!
To Daniel - Thanks! And Chuck... yeeeaaah....
To Stranger Danger - I'm totally there. It's just a matter of working around my ridiculous schedule now... And that P.S. of yours definitely went into my Compliments Book. Thank you so much.
To Nilsa - Thanks! I knew you'd be excited!
To Katelin - It was a ton of fun!
To Kayleigh - Yay!!! TnT went well... See next post!
Post a Comment