Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Code Name: Princess Mojo

40. After my Shakespeare class last week, I went with a classmate of mine to the restaurant she used to work at to pick up her last check. This week she told me that her former boss asked about me. He then told her that she should come back sometime... and bring me (and he told her he'd slip her free drinks if she did this). This is terribly exciting (ignoring the skeeze factor), because it's been awhile since someone inquired after me (Woo-hoo! I’ve still got juice!). The classmate and I happen to both be attending a forum on "Physical Theatre" next Monday, so we're going to the restaurant after that. I'm not actually expecting this to go anywhere. I mostly just agreed to it because I find it entertaining.

41. Whenever I took aptitude tests in middle and high school that suggested career paths, they all proposed FBI or CIA agent for me. I kid you not. Sadly, the government never contacted me (they dropped the ball, I think... obviously if an eighth grader is well suited for espionage, the government should do immediate follow-up), and thus I'm not working for them now.

42. One of my ancestors (my great-great-great-great-grandmother, I think) was a Norwegian Princess. She had long blonde braids. She fell in love with an Italian commoner, and left Norway to be with him. I don’t know what her name was before she Italianized it (it ended up being something like Evangelina... her great-granddaughter was named Angelina after her, and I was named after Angelina) so I’ve been unable to find any records of her online, and thus far I’ve been too lazy to try any form of actual research.

2 comments:

Julia said...

my great great great grandmother was a polish princess. A german man was sent to poland to german-ize the polish, but proceeded to fall in love with my great great great grandmother. Rather than german-izing her, he agreed to basically be polish-ized in order to be allowed to marry her. They had a daughter and named her Julia. I'm named after her.

Angela said...

To Julia - Look at that! One more thing we have in common.