85. I once sang through all of the musical The Last 5 Years with a fellow I’d just met with my friend Liesl in her apartment. My friend Greg was there, and seemed wholly miserable throughout the duration of our impromptu performance. Despite that, I’d count it as one of the best nights of my entire life. I got the opportunity to span the emotional gamut through song with a built-in (i.e. hostage) audience. It was wonderful.
86. Sometimes when I’m on the L and it’s packed to the gills, if I make eye contact with a young guy standing with relative proximity to me, I have this crazy, Mean Girls-style daydream in which I lean over and start trying to make out with him, just to see what he and all the other L passengers would do. Of course, I would never, never, never actually do it (as much as I like the idea of guerilla theatre, it's really better if the other people you're directly affecting are involved). Never, never, ever, ever. But I think about it probably once a week.
87. I have a strange immune system. I have had the chicken pox twice (once in first grade, once in third grade… Yes, that’s possible. Both of my brothers had them twice as well). I’ve had a sundry of illnesses that I’m fairly certain were related to the plague (including my senior year of college when I was so sick –- fever, ear infection, throat infection, coughing up blood, vomiting, stress stomachache –- that, even on a double dose of Codine, I was awake for over 64 hours straight). I’ve been hospitalized for conjunctivitis. I had ear infections and strep. throat so frequently in third grade that I was the second most absent student in the whole grade that year, and I was about three days away from having to repeat the grade according to state law. Despite all this, I have never had the flu. *knock on wood*
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Musical Daydream Immunity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















3 comments:
Hey, I found your blog on Nablopomo randomizer. I really enjoyed your playlist and now I might add one to my blog =)
Ear infections and strep throat - I grew up with that... I think my entire childhood went by with me having either the one or the other... or both. And, I am afraid I'm coming down with the flu as we speak.
I've always dreamt of kissing a stranger (hot chick) just like... out of the blue. I'm pretty sure it would end up badly though - with me being slapped, hard, in the face.
Sometimes... I believe it could be worth it, though.
To Nancy - Thanks for commenting! The randomizer is my new best friend. My blog traffic has doubled since I joined NaBloPoMo. My playlist gets me lots of compliments. I love it, and I change it up frequently.
To R.E.H. - Don't get sick! Bad! Sadness! Quick, drink some Airbourne! And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has "kissing a stranger" fantasies.
Post a Comment