Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fistful of Bunny Concerts

70. My favorite word is “bunny”. I like to say it in quick repetition… bunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunnybunny… Runners-up (or is it runner-ups?) include ekphrastic (the only word I know that begins with ek-), lackadaisical, cathemeral, tangentially, allele, schadenfreude, and lovely.

71. The best concert I’ve ever attended was OK Go before they were pop culture icons. They rapped, they performed a number from “Les Miserables”, and they did a choreographed dance to a recording of their song “C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips” (which at the time was my favorite song of theirs). It was sensational. The Bangles, Cake, and Tony Danza were also all tremendous. (Don’t laugh at Tony Danza. The man played the trumpet, the ukulele, and the piano. He also tap-danced and rapped. It was astonishingly good.)

72. If I started a band, I’d want to call it “The Whippersnappers”, “The Heartstrings”, or “The Fake Ideas”. I’d like to call our first album “Fistful of Half-Eaten Roses”. Actually, I might just call the band “Half-Eaten Roses”. It would work out especially well if it were all females, as it would abbreviate to H.E.R. I've thought about this more than I should, considering that I don't plan to ever start a band. Except for on Guitar Hero (I've already used Half-Eaten Roses and The Whippersnappers on that, actually).

3 comments:

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

Hello! You've been randomly tagged to do the "Seven Weird/Random Facts About Me" meme via the NaBloPoMo Randomizer. You can find the rules at http://sherrydramsey.blogspot.com

Angela said...

To Sherry - I'll take on the challenge after NaNoWriMo is over. Promise!