Less than 24 hours ago I outlined my modus operandi for relationships. So don't miss that simply because this new post is following so quickly on its heels. Unless you want to miss it. Totally your choice.
During the month of November, I will be participating in NaNoWriMo, as I have mentioned before. Because of this, I doubt that I will be able to update my blog in any sort of normal fashion… So, instead of trying to do that, I’m going to take on a new format for one month. (Don’t worry! It’s only temporary! I SWEAR!)
The new format? Lists of short random comments. Whenever I think of something I want to mention, I’m jotting it down in a notebook, and I will them just type up lists of things and post them here. They will not flow. They will be distinct, separate thoughts. Maybe, in December, January, or beyond, I will expand upon them. And maybe not. But just be glad that you’re still getting a little taste of me in your life.
So, here goes.
1. I would like to be a Muse. I have inspired people to do things in the past, often not even meaning to. I inspired someone to audition for a play when she hadn't done any theatre in 30 years. I inspired someone to overcome fear and act in a Shakespeare play. My relationship with my father inspired someone to write a musical (and I'm up for the role that was based off of me for the L.A. workshop. Wish me luck). I have inspired at least two people to attempt NaNoWriMo with me (and possibly a third... he's still deciding). And I've been told that my passion for life has made a good friend reconsider what was important to him. I love inspiring people to do things that they wouldn't have ordinarily tried. I would like to be a professional Muse. It's a lovely task, and it gives me joy.
2. I love Natalie Imbruglia's latest single, "Glorious". It makes me feel like skipping over to the playground down the block from me and riding the swings.
3. I get the hiccoughs more than anyone I know (yes, that is the correct spelling. It’s not “hiccups”. It’s “hiccoughs”. Trust me on this). I get them generally at least once a day. One of my coworkers has this miracle cure in which he slowly punches his hand into his fist. Watching that cures me about 4/5 of the time. No clue why it works. Another of my coworkers tries to scare me by saying things like “We have to work on Saturday,” or “Your ex-boyfriend called.” Although funny, those don’t generally work. My record is 8 times in one day, which happened on 10/22/07. Six of the eight attacks were at work, so I have witnesses for those. My coworkers were both amazed and annoyed. Someone once told me that when you get the hiccoughs, they don’t fully leave your body for a week. If that’s true, then I think I’ve had the same case of the hiccoughs for at least three years now.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Glorious Hiccoughing Muse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















3 comments:
Add one more to the count of people you inspired to do NaNoWriMo... I just signed up today.
I really don't care about the correct spelling of that word. It's just unsettling. I literally get creeped out be the accurate spelling of that word.
It has gone from a cute little word, that is skipping through a field of tulips - to a scary malevolent word that lurks in the corners of a turn of the century children's hospital.
Thanks, ~a~. Muse, my ass. You've destroyed a word for me.
:)
To Julia - Yay for NaNoWriMo! Add me as a buddy!
To CK1 - I didn't destroy the word. The letter sequence "ough" has more pronunciations in the English language than any other combination of letters. The sound "up" is just one of them. Consider some others...
oo - through
oh - dough
aw - thought
ow - bough
uff - tough
off - cough
Post a Comment