52. Maybe I should move to India. I think I could fit in quite well with a culture that embraces Bollywood, despite never having seen a Bollywood movie. The closest I've come to seeing one would be the "Hindi Sad Diamonds" part of Moulin Rouge. From my understanding, they have dancing, and singing, and confetti, and pretty colors. I think I’d like it very much. I wish real life were a big, colorful, high-budget musical adventure. I can't imagine a happier life than that.
53. I used to have an irrational fear of waitresses. Well, wait-staff, really, but it was worse with waitresses. I was unable to order for myself. I’ve pretty much conquered it, but I still feel most comfortable if I order last. I will usually take a seat far away from where the waiter/waitress will be to avoid going first. If it looks like they’re going to make me go first, sometimes I feign not having decided on what to order. I don’t know why it should make me uncomfortable… Actually, I have a separate fear of going first (which I’m mostly over), so maybe it’s unrelated.
54. I once heard a woman described as having “Furniture Syndrome”, meaning she had her “chest in her drawers.” I think that’s hilarious. And I hope to never suffer from it.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Irrational Bollywood Furniture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















3 comments:
Furniture Syndrome :-) That made me laugh!
I think living in a musical would drive me nuts after a while. I don't really like it when people start singing to me for no apparent reason :)
Yeah, I'm liking the Furniture Syndrome too!
I know someone who wanted to set up a little restaurant in India. Life in the countryside is real smooth apparently.
I haven't been poisoned by seeing them, but, would you like your life to be like High School Musical? But life would be better with everything in nice bright colours.
Ordering food with others can be annoying. Everyone is trying ot be polite and cowers and everyone looks at each other as to say, "well, go ahead." SOmeone needs to be assertive and say, "Hi, I'd like a strawberry malt please."
To R.E.H. - Yay for Furniture Syndrome! Not for having it, but for it making people laugh. Living in a musical isn't for everyone. But it's totally for me. I already live in one. I sing and dance at the drop of a hat as it is.
To Liam Cannotspellthat - I haven't seen High School Musical, but people keep telling me I'd enjoy it. One of these days, I'll rent it or something. And I understand the ordering thing. Next time I go out, maybe I'll try to be the brave one and order that strawberry malt.
Post a Comment