First and foremost, I want to forecast to the world that I have completed my month-long quest to write 50,000 words of a novel. And I did it a full 26 hours before the deadline. Woo-hoo! I can officially cross off "Complete NaNoWriMo" from my list of "Things to Do Before I Die".
Also, with this post, I have posted every day for the entire month of November. Yee-haw!
And now, for my final installment of regularly scheduled programming (at least for November):
88. A fellow I went on a date with once told me, “Only boring people can be bored.” Since hearing that, I try not to be bored. I find ways to make the boring things I come across interesting by looking at the experience in a new, strange, amusing way. I never want to be bored. And I never want to be boring.
89. I’m very bad at creeping around. Especially at night. You can hear every bone in my feet and ankles crack as I take steps. My mother says that my aunt suffers from the same affliction.
90. I am in constant fear of running out of things to write about on this blog. Especially now that I’ve spat so much at you throughout November. What if that’s all I’ve got?
I try to reassure myself that my mind is nebula, perpetually creating new and interesting things. I will never run out of things to write about, because I am always changing, learning, and growing. As I have new experiences, I will reevaluate the world. I may end up elaborating on past entries, or contradicting previous statements, but my brain runneth over. I will always have something to write about. And hopefully, I will always have the desire to write it. I'm not finished writing. I will never be finished.
That said, I think I’m taking a break from writing, at least for a little while. Between my daily blog updates (a.k.a. NaBloPoMo) and the first 50,070 words of my still-not-completed novel (a.k.a. NaNoWriMo), I’m a little written out. I've written over 61,000 words in 30 days. But I have a feeling that most of my faithful readers haven’t been reading my blog daily, so you all have something to catch up on in my absence. Or you could just read my blog from the beginning. I mean, it’s only a couple of months old. How long could that possibly take? Like a week? Just spread it out. Enjoy yourselves. But I’m on hiatus. Ciao!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Not Boring, Not Creepy, & Not Finished
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















5 comments:
well congrats on reaching your goals. I will definitely try to catch up on the posts I missed while I was out of the country.
But, I have a hunch you won't be able to resist blogging. You will think of something you just gotta get out there...
Great job on the NaNoWriMo and the NaBloPoMo! Congrats!
Good thing I am never bored then, I just find it hard to get everything done that I want to do.
Enjoy your break from writing. I've completed the NaNoWriMo myself (except for today's post which I'll do later tonight), and I'm starting to wonder if I'll suffer from The Long Walk syndrome, and just keep going once I've crossed the finish line ;)
Congratulations on both achievements! Slightly off topic, but novel related; I saw an early screening of "The Kite Runner" last night and it was amazing. Highly recommend it!
Yer high on what?
To dkdisch - Thanks! By the way, you were SO right. Couldn't resist it at all. Not even for a weekend.
To R.E.H. - Congrats to you, too! Yay NaBloPoMo buddies!
To Suggs - Thanks! I don't know anything about The Kite Runner, but at your recommendation, I shall have to look into it.
To papa - I'm high on life, liberty, and love for my nation-state!
Post a Comment